Misty River Outfitters trip planner contains several resources to help plan your trip.
Contract & Risk Waiver Forms
Risk Waiver Form
Gun Import / Export Into Canada
When you enter Canada, you must declare all firearms and weapons to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). If you do not, they may be seized and you could face criminal charges. You need documents to prove that you are entitled to possess a firearm in Canada, and you must transport it safely.
Fort McMurray Alberta weather is the closest to where we will be hunting if you want to keep a eye on the area weather.
Suggested gear list
- Sleeping Bag (mattresses and pillow provided)
- Boots (Both a set of hiking boots and rubber boots)
- Clothing (To suit weather conditions, layering is the best as weather changes quickly). Day time highs can be very warm. But cool off drastically after dark. Cool boat and ATV rides back to camp should be planned for
- Weapon of your choice and ammunition
- Binoculars/Rangefinder (if desired)
- Compass, matches, lighters and small first aid kit are always a good idea to have in a pack. (We have first aid kits in camp and in the boats)
- Small back pack for while out hunting.
- Scent control spray if you use it.
- Light easily packable rain gear.
- Thermacell and Refills (refills can be bought before leaving Fort McMurray or Edmonton if not allowed on airline). Or any other suitable method of insect control. The bugs vary from year to year but can get very bad.
- All your personal items (tooth brush, razors ECT)
- GPS, if desired not required.
- Crocs or running shoes for in camp while hiking or rubber boots are drying.
- There is generators in camp for charging cameras and phones ect. Wood stoves for drying gear if wet.
- River Camp has Cell phone boosters in boats for service if needing to make calls (very spotty service). Fishing gear in boats for fishing if there is time.
- Any special requests or requirements please let us know.